Friday, July 4, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog, devoted to my four legged friends here, our life and adventures. My name is Jill Wilson and my passions include Samoyeds, sled dogs, forest ecology, gardening, bird watching, music, good food, friends, among other things. This blog will be my journal of these activities and others. My dogs are Samoyeds, a beautiful breed descended from dogs from Siberia. They have rich plush white or white and cream colored coats, and natural or more wolf style heads with prick ears, narrower muzzle etc. Samoyeds are an arctic breed, historically used as draft and herding dogs. I live in northern Idaho, near the southern tip of Pend Oreille Lake, an extremely scenic area of mountains, dense forests, lakes and meadows. I can't imagine living in a more beautiful area and I have lived in several!

No comments: